One of the levers that the public sector has in seeking investment is to provide a grant, subsidy, reduce the financial risk or set a tariff. All of these mechanisms (and more) are restricted in their use by the European State Aid Legislation. A large number of economic development strategies engage with the financial outcome and we also work with a large number of corporate clients on their location and funding strategy as they develop investment plans. Our work in grants includes:
- A successful track record with multiple private and public sector clients with the Regional Growth Fund and its numerous spin out programmes across England.
- Gaining European Funding for clients (including ERDF).
- Work on numerous training, R&D, regional aid and de minimis applications for clients.
- Developing state aid compliant structures, developing grant schemes and appraising grant applicants.
- Undertaking specialist state aid related engagements.
Mickledore has developed a significant business working with private clients in this area and can undertake every aspect of grant funding applications from project design, business planning, establishing the appropriate financial forecasts, completing the documentation and support through due diligence and funding draw down. We have an excellent track record in getting grant applications to a successful conclusion.